Old 09-15-06, 04:16 AM
bmike
Bye Bye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hammertoe
I got the email from West Hill and I really want to ride but.....I don't think I am ready. Since school has started, kid obligations have eaten into my riding time....soccer, horseback riding, gymnastics, birthday parties, cub scouts,....I am down to 100 miles a week. I am starting a new buisness October 1st and need to be around for any problems.....Excuses,,,Excuses.
I was talking with a friend from Randolph who has rode it 2 or 3 times. He says it can be brutal but there are those that do it in a standard double....crazy!!! He has convinced me to try my hand at some hill climbing races (I certainly would be racing myself!!). Maybe Ascutney, Whiteface, Mt. Equinox and Mt. Washington. He does them every year. If I do the hill climbs next year I will also shoot for Six Gaps.
If you do Six Gaps a significant ride report needed...

There's the bailout option after 2 or 4 gaps. If you aren't feeling it you can get out - and still get a really nice ride in.