View Single Post
Old 09-15-06, 01:27 PM
Helmet Head
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
N_C, I know what Gene is trying to say since he's said it many times before, but I can see why you're having trouble discerning it from what he has posted here.

Gene's basic point about LAB training ineffectivity is not a criticism of the training itself, but it's inabiility (for whatever reason) to reach very many cyclists.

What he's saying is we need to get it into the schools, and/or make it part of driver training, etc. I think we can all agree that that would be nice. The political realitics, however, make it challenging. It's a chicken-egg problem. I think we need the culture to accept the value of cyclist training first. And I think the only way to reach the necessary threshold of acceptance required to support broader programs like those we can only dream about for now, is to continue with the grass roots program. I know in San Diego, for example, we're looking at another relatively big year of training next year. I also know of efforts to get into training law enforcements, and efforts to get into the schools. But it's difficult and challenging. Gene, get your LCI and help us out!

<sarcasm on>
By the way, where are the studies that show SCUBA TRAINING is effective? I am posting about results and lack of same from the SCUBA TRAINING promoters. I don't need to take a course to ask "What Results?" What can the students or sponsors of such a program expect from taking the course? What has happened for the last 20 years? Why should the public be interested in SCUBA TRAINING courses? It's not like strapping on a mask and an air tank and swimming and BREATHING is rocket science.

Opinions and concepts are NOT results. The clan promoting SCUBA TRAINING classes with fabricated claims of risk reduction results for their trained students are NOT results but rather a line of B.S.
<sarcasm off>