PCR cyclist, road cyclist

Bikes: 2006 LeMond Chambery

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New to Blacksburg, VA

Hi all,

The name's Chris. I'm new to Blacksburg, VA, formerly of Athens, GA. (Go Dawgs!) I found this site not too long ago, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm also brand-spanking-new to road biking. I figured "new town, new hobby", because playing musical instruments wasn't expensive and time-consuming enough. I've already had my first splatter across pavement and I'm hoping not to do that again too much, because I found out that it really does hurt, particularly after the adrenaline's gone. (If you were in that group that went by a guy on Patrick Henry with fresh road rash replacing the chain back on his bike on the 5th of this month, then we've already seen each other--thanks very much for offering to help, and I am okay!) I guess the biggest injury is just to one's pride though. Despite getting roughed up, now that I'm more mobile and the doc verified nothing broke, I'm looking forward to getting back on the bike tomorrow, because the rest of it's so much fun!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I'm sure I'll be posting lots of stupid newbie questions, so my apologies in advance. For any of you who are in the greater Blacksburg area, I hope to see you around town sometime!

Looking forward to lurking and posting here,
Chris