Old 09-16-06, 09:11 AM
bcoppola
King of the molehills

Bikes: '04 Giant OCR2, DIY light tourer built on on Scattante cross frame, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I believe DnvrFox has posted previously on the history and mystique of the 50+ pie cult. Perhaps he should do so again and make it a sticky.

But basically, it's one of those "in joke" things. Being a pie lover myself I glommed onto it even without knowing the history.

If you want to get all symbolic about it, I suppose pie stands for the prevailing 50+ ethos of smelling the roses, not taking things too seriously, and so on. But that's a job for Derrida Diego*.

Anyway, with the grim news about Ford here in Motown meaning that I will have thousands more competitors for the few crappy jobs still available (my midlife change to a "hot career field" having evaporated soon after 9/11) I can really use a nice ride and a good slab of pie. With ice cream. And strong coffee. Hold the cyanide for now...

Right now it's cloudy and a bit damp but supposed to clear up in a couple of hours. So I'm waiting.

---

*What I haven't seen explained yet is, what's with all this Diego stuff??

Last edited by bcoppola; 09-16-06 at 09:16 AM.