Sandwarrior
Bent Ryder

Bikes: Bachetta Agio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
I am sure I am not alone in having a lot more aches and pains since I have passed the 55 year mark. I think in my case a bout with Lyme Disease when I was in my late 30's didn't help much.

Fortunately cycling seems to help with most of the various aches and pains. Unfortunately the neck pain seems to be aggravated by it. I have stenosis at S2 and S3. The pain can be quite intense on long rides. I know that stretching and staying hydrated keep my lower back (L4 and L5) pain in control. Can anyone suggest what might help with the neck pain?

I am limited in what drugs I can take because of a hiatal hernia, reflux problems, and barretts esophagus. Vioxx used to work great for me until they took it off the market. Ibuprofen works well, but the stomach doc says no.

I asked the spine doctor about stretching and he didn't particularly recommend anything. His comment was don't do anything too aggressive. I think that some stretching would probably help a lot, but am not sure what stretches to do for the neck.

Anyone here dealt with similar problems? What worked for you?

I am not ready to go to a more upright riding position. I will suffer quite a bit before resorting to that..

Pete
Get off the "wedgie" and buy a recumbent. No neck pain, no back pain, and no wrist pain