View Single Post
Old 09-17-06, 12:43 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
As I say- We don't have dangerous wildlife- and I am not running into cougars or Bears on any street corner over here. And If they do exist- They are not running into us either. And I stayed on the bike and in a gear low enough to restart quickly.
Today on our ride I saw the most dangerous animal we have in the UK. No it was not a granny with a walking stick getting irate on the MUP. We only have one poisonous snake in the UK and I have seen them before but this one was on a forest trail. 3 of us on the ride and the first rider went past it and warned us of a snake on the trail. As he went past- it raised its head and as the second bike went past it lunged at the riders foot. Missed it altogether but it definitely went for him. As I went past- I noticed it was an Adder and the sprint went on with the feet pulled out of the clips and on the crossbar as soon as I got in range. 50ft later I slowed and looked behind me and it was chasing us. Second sprint of the day. Don't know how fast adders move but not taking chances.

Quite tame compared to some of your beasties but don't fancy a trip to The hospital for a few years yet.

Spike Milligan