View Single Post
Old 09-18-06, 08:13 AM
Marylandnewbie

Bikes: Fuji Supreme

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TiBike -- too bad about the idiot rider. Given all the attention crowding on W&OD trail has been getting the police might be more responsive to calls like yours. Although I do like DL's suggestion of a joust -- somehow it seems fitting.

As for your ride -- it seems a little soft compared to your past exploits Will you wear a sweatsuit on the ride to increase the level of difficulty? Actually it is a very impressive plan, I wish you luck. Lets hope you arrive at the Atlantic with the same number of riders you began with.

It was just a beautiful ride this morning. Temps in the 60s, bright sunshine except for a layer of fog in the Potomac valley. I love dropping down through the fog and mist -- its my favorite riding condition. The miles just seemed to fly by this morning.

I'm pretty psyched since I hatched a plan to take my son (and possibly the whole family depending upon schedules) on a long weekend camping trip on the C & O in October. Of course our total mileage for 3 days will only equal about 1 day in TiBike's plan. Its a whole different world of touring. If we don't get rained out it should be fun.