Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 09-19-06, 11:01 AM
darkmother
Get the stick.

Bikes: 12 Y.O. Litespeed MTB, IRO Jamie Roy fixie, Custom Habanero Ti 'Cross, No name SS MTB, Old school lugged steel track bike (soon)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cavernmech
I don't do whole bikes from IRO. He doesnt offer the complete due to complicated Duty/Tax/Export issues. I have always prefered to go the build myself route if for no other reason than there is always something I want/need to swap out. Since you already build wheels I would consider a frame, fork, H.S. stem,hubs and perhaps cranks from Tony. Everything else you can pick up on the cheap local. The stock wheels are nothing special. You will pay a bit more in the end but get a bike that is more tailor made for yourself. Worth the extra few $ IMHO.
Good point. Always nice to spend a quiet evening building a set of wheels. Besides, I have lots of parts kicking around, stem, bar, cranks....etc. I guess I'll give it a couple of days to see if my bike magically turns up somewhere, but I'm not holding my breath. How long are we talking to get a frame? Weeks? Months?