View Single Post
Old 09-19-06, 05:28 PM
SEAtrain

Bikes: Pedal Force RS, Serotta "Atlanta", Gitane "Tour de France", (2) Specialized "Stumpjumper", Trek "950"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by thedoogs
Hey there tstartrekdude,

I saw your reply to my post about racing. Not that I want to steer you away from our race team but have you looked into the chinook cycling club http://www.chinookcycling.net/

It seems to me like they've got something going on in both mtb and road racing. If I'm wrong or you just don't like the feel of their club let me know. I would love to start a new chapter of our club in the Tri-Cities, I was born in Richland and still have family there.

Dave
Sorry, kind of sticking my nose in the middle.

I live in the Tri-Cities, too. To my knowledge, the Chinooks aren't organized a racing team, but rather as a cycling club. Back in the day, I think the Finley Flyers raced as a team, but, from what I gather, they disbanded.

I think it would take significant effort to organize a team in this area. We have a good number of riders and racers, but combining the varied interests and schedules to form a race team is a stretch.

That said, if you proceed, let me know. I might be able to dig up a body or two.