View Single Post
Old 09-21-06, 09:34 AM
Bike-a-Boo

Bikes: 2006 Trek 7.3 FX, 2007 Rocky Mountain Sherpa, Batavus Entrada, MEC Origami Folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cooker
Yeah it was windy in southern Ontario yesterday. I park outside an office tower and the turbulence was wicked as I was loading up last evening. One time I came out to eat my lunch at a picnic table out front on a windy day and there was a women with waist length hair and it was blowing straight up.
If you have to ride over any bridges or overpasses out there in Burlington, be aware you can be blown right over the side in bad gusts.
No bridges or overpasses, thankfully, just found it extremely difficult - I was wiped by the time I got home. I couldn't even take a break by coasting down the few hills on the way home - if I stopped pedalling, I came to a complete stop. Sheesh!!!

{Edited to add another gripe: I noticed when I check the weather forecasts that the winds seem to be calm during the middle of the night. Is this a changing of the seasons phenomenon? Or is winter going to be even more interesting?}

Last edited by Bike-a-Boo; 09-21-06 at 09:40 AM.