Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard Cranium
M, Congrats on a good ride. Nice job of posting. Website looks good, but maybe you should have a "what's new" link, for everytime you add a story.

I'm glad to hear of your "PR" stats for various distances. I do wonder how much time off the bike is really necessary, did you keep track of your saddle time? What was your average ride speed? Did you wear a HR monitor? Any stats?

I might have to look into putting a "What's New" section on my website.

And as for stats ... sorry, but I didn't keep track of them. I was debating about bringing my HRM with me on that trip but decided against it at the last minute ... and then regretted that decision once I got going on the 24-hour event. I was very curious about my HR because although I was riding harder than usual, and definitely harder for a much, much longer period of time than I've ever done before, I felt really good! I didn't feel like my heart was beating very hard, and I often felt like I could push myself a little bit harder.

As for time off the bicycle ... there were a few breaks which were probably a bit long, but most were pretty efficient ... eat, get liquid, remove liquid, and go.

If I can do this event again next year, and I'm planning on it, I'm thinking that 300 miles in 24-hours is quite possible!