2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by ryanparrish
In your professional opinion which one produces the best performance
See the other new thread just "Blink Blink Blink" for more info.

If you consider every factor, not just the brightness, go for the Cateye. The Super Doppler is not as good from the side and is not 100% reliable. But it is brighter from straight behind.

Originally Posted by jyossarian
Where do you get the Super Doppler?
I bought two, I found them on line from two different places. One in California (Action sports?)
And one in Canada. If I remember the name I'll post it. I googled "BLT" the name brand, and found them that way. The Supper Doppler can shut itself off if you hit a big bump. The bracket is not too good. The beam is too narrow for bumper to bumper traffic with the cars very close to you. From some angles it's not very bright. If you're in the city I would go with the Cateye. Use lithium batteries for the brightest light.
I normally ride with one Cateye and one Supper Doppler at the same time. For a long country road the Supper Doppler is better from a mile away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another shot from a greater distance and a lot more ambient light pollution too. I thought this might be more realistic with other lights around.

This is two lights, the Cateye on the left and the Planet Bike is on the right. You can see that the Planet Bike (on the right) looks bigger in the photo even though it is a smaller light. This is because it's brighter from the rear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
HPIM7252 (Small).JPG (52.0 KB, 147 views)