Old 09-22-06, 03:43 PM
fmw
Hoosier Pedaler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justuspost
Yea I know... I'm seeing how I can afford the flippen $1000 campy crap I'm looking all over and it isn’t easy to come by on the cheap. Ultegra is reasonable.

cause I want a compact... i have a 52-42 now... I want a 52-36 or something. I like the lower gear for the crazy hills here. I guess the extended cassette will help too.

It doesn’t matter.. its getting replaced with a 8-9-10

I don’t care about that so much, I just want a nice well performing bike. STI is cool, but I'd also like to find some DT shifters that would work with the other campy 8-9-10 stuff. All I have seen is bar end.. not DT
Go for a Veloce group. $500 buys the whole thing including cabling, cranks, BB - the works. You can have compact crank if you like and any gearing on the cassette that appeals to you. Nicer to use than Ultegra. You will need to do something with that rear wheel or hub, however.

My Ciocc is newer than your Bianchi and was actually designed to have ergo or sti equipment. I have it equipped with a 10 speed Veloce group with a 50/36 compact crank. It weighs less than 20 lbs. and runs like a top.