Old 09-22-06, 04:01 PM
bbonnn
No-Pants Island

Bikes: 2007 Trek Pilot 2.1 WSD & 2001 Specialized Crossroads

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh man, I almost crapped my pants when I clicked on All-road and didn't see the Sequoia. But it's there - under Road. It's a contender for my next bike, is why the crappage nearly transpired.

Looks like they swapped out a lot of the 105 components for Tiagra on the 2007 Elite version. Not a big deal for me, I'm not a strong enough biker to tell the performance difference, but why are they then charging the same price for a bike with cheaper components? Grrrrrrh. Bastids.

EDIT: Sorry, not to hijack the thread. My on-topic comment is this - I've been complaining for that the only bike that's fully loaded with everything a commuter needs -- rack, lights, etc. -- is the Trek Portland, which is $1600. I'm positively delighted that Specialized has come out with an affordable, entry-level bike that has all that stuff built in. I think it's ideal for brand new commuters who don't want to get entangled with decisions about lights, racks, installation, etc. It just goes, right out of the store. Very cool.

EDIT 2: Oops, also the good old Treo 520 has all that. I forgot. But it's still $1200.

If I edit this post one more time, my brain is going to 'splode.

Last edited by bbonnn; 09-22-06 at 05:11 PM.