Old 09-24-06, 10:25 AM
I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
From I Asked the LAB thread (http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=230724)
Originally Posted by genec
Forget Forester and the LAB... the LAB classes are not Forester approved anyway... Forester removed his sanction long ago. Anyone that continues to avoid the LAB classes due to some perceived notion that they are Forester related is just playing dumb.
And
Originally Posted by JRA
Forester is extremely controversial. Many people, myself included, consider some of Forester's social and psychologial theories patently absurd and his (and his 'true believer' followers') politics extremely counter-productive...The association of the LAB course with the Forester name is unfortunate.
Originally Posted by N_C
Took the Road I Course today. Passed with flying colors, over 95% on both the road & written test...also learned to pass the LCI course I have to pass a test about John Forester's book Effective Cycling.

Looks like I am on the right track.
And so was I. The association/relationship of the LAB course, its instructors, and the disciples of passionate Foresterism, with all of its associated excess baggage as found in the required/tested Forester Book, is neither a myth nor ancient history.