Old 09-24-06, 02:38 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Wogsterca
Tom:

Gotta question for you, at your heaviest, were you diabetic, and if you were, are you still?

If you don't want to discuss it on the group, but don't mind answering the question, then PM me.

As for the photos, I know a few folks who could tape the before and after (the cycling one), on the refridgerator, heck it would work better then locking that sucker up with a Kryptonite U lock and a hunk of cruise ship anchor chain, and throwing away the key.

One thing though about diet, and this is something you probably know, but some others here might not, so I will post it anyway, is if you don't buy it, you can't eat it. Going on a diet with a 20lb bag of potato chips and a case of beer in the house will not work. Toss all that stuff in the trash, clean out the cupboards of everything you should not eat, then start again, with a new trip to the grocery store, and only buy what you should be eating.

Oh well, enough said here, my bike is calling to me to go for a ride
At my peak, I was insulin dependent. I am still technically diabetic, but completely regulated now. Sugars run between 73 and 103 on avg now with 73 @ fasting. 103 is peak. I actually have to be careful about low blood sugar now. My intake is strictly regulated by my activity level. For example, on a long ride, I may take in 6000 calories in a day, but I'm still operating at a deficit that is quite significant with an output of up to three times that on for example my 160 miler in one day over Labor Day Weekend.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant