jsigone
got the climbing bug

Bikes: one for everything

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 908 Times in 273 Posts
Originally Posted by existence
yeah i tend to track every single stat (and i mean everything) in a very meticulous fashion including daily calories with fitday.com and incorporate those results into my training spreadsheets. its mentally a tough slog no doubt. So ive incorporated a full week into my normal 6 week blocks where i continue my training but just ignore the data collection/review - you do just need to get away from it from time to time for sure.
yup I was doing the fitday.com thing too. By the 3rd race of the season and 5 races in the winter season I was completely tired of ALL number coming from the bike and food intake. I also got tired of riding because it wasn't fun any more, seemed more like a chore to get ready for the next race. I was mentally tired of it all. Good thing my race season takes the summer off, so the 3 months of without racing let me find the fun side of riding again. I'm hoping to explore a new side after I convert my race MTB to a SS. I'm hoping it will make a hill climber out of me.