View Single Post
Old 09-26-06, 09:49 AM
bdinger
Chubby super biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
In June of 2005 I was at my heaviest - 567.4. You have no idea how that feels when you see that number on a scale, wow. So I decided I wanted to drop it, and I didn't want surgery. Went on a drastic liquid diet, followed by lots of excercise and nutrition. In October of 2005 (last year) I was down to 407. Read all about that at http://www.optifat.blogspot.com. Nobody ever knew I was that big, I have a massive bone and muscle structure that does a great job of hiding weight.

Anyway, fast forward to March of 2006. I had kept all that weight off during the winter/holidays and was pretty much maintaining right around 400. Got in a horrible car accident, screwed up my back, put on about 30 pounds quickly.

Started biking in June, slowly dropping weight and eating whatever I wanted.

Then I decided to get motivated. My finacee and I are getting married in August of 2008, and I want to be down to my "optimal" of 225-250 (I was at that in high school playing football, I was like a damn brick wall). A friend was losing weight by biking, so I challenged him.

I told him in the time it would take him to lose 20 pounds, I could lose 50 - or maybe even do it faster than him. The bet was a dinner not to exceed $25, and to support me my fiancee made a side bet with him of $20 that I would win. That was the first tuesday of september.

By keeping my calorie intake below 1800/day (some days I splurge a tad, have yet to go above 2500) and keeping my biking up I've dropped 29.3 in 21 days as of today. I'm sitting right at 400.5, and have a nearly 30 mile ride planned for tonight so I can drop .6 and FINALLY get below 400.

I *WILL* drop that 50 before 1/1/07, but I'd like to drop 75. FitDay's weight graph of my losses so far are awesome - it's a pretty linear downward line - what I love to see. I feel great, and appreciate that there's finally a forum of similar minded people.