Thread: Night Riding
View Single Post
Old 09-28-06, 07:28 AM
Grampy™
Geezer Member

Bikes: Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NOS88
I indulge in riding during the dark hours of winter, because I have no freaking choice. If you detect some anger about this you are perceptive. I HATE winter, but I hate riding a trainer even more.... so, I ride when it's dark. I perfer completing night rides before 10 p.m. (I read somewhere that the danger of drunk drivers is greatest between 10 p.m. and 3 a.m. (at least in Pennsylvania). And I agree with Monnoborracho's concern about this. I share BlazzingPedal's concern related to road rules. Hence, I follow all rules of the road and try to act as much like vehicular traffic as possible. I probably go overboard with the lights. I have three flashing LED lights on the back, Two 10 watt light on the handle bars, and an LED light on the helmet. Additionally, I ride with a helmet that has lots of reflective tape on it and wheels with refelctive tape too. At night I don't want to be just visible, I want to be conspicuous.
1+