Old 09-04-03, 04:43 PM
spexy
XtraSuperPlatinumMember

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SinGate, this is a common story.

Unfortunately, there's no easy answer especially since we don't know the dynamic of your relationship. As a woman who rides and loves it I'm always amazed by women who don't. But each to her own, right? My gut tells me she must find her own passion for biking not just yours.

Perhaps there is no time. If she seems busier than you in life, perhaps help her free up some time to discover.

It's odd that she finds bikes intimidating, since it's one of the first things we learn to do as a kid. They are a fairly simple contraption. Like swimming, once we learn how it's automatic. Perhaps she's intimidated by all the high-tech stuff we talk about in these forums and that you might share with her. Rec riding doesn't have to be complicated. Maybe a couple of cheap single speeds on the bike path is a good place to start.

Finally, number one complaint for most newbie women is the saddle thing. You'll find miles of posts about that in here. She may need to try a few before she finds the one that will let her ride greater lengths.

Good luck!