Thread: Gobike update
View Single Post
Old 10-02-06, 12:27 AM
Chop!

Bikes: GoBike, Long-john, Strida III, Oke Ja recumbent, Brompton, Moulton, BSA, Strida 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The rear shock/ swing arm is only attached to the frame by the quick release, the strap allows the swing arm to arc sideways to allow for folding.
This is a very bad weakness in the design, the swing arm swings about like a dog's tail and badly affects handling, I'm thinking about modifying the frame & swing arm so that one locates into the other via three sliding plates (2 on frame the other on the swingarm) Or with a pin that locates into a cone or similar.
And that is without a luggage rack, or luggage (or mudguards) none of which are available after all this time. I wish GoBike would spend a little more time on customer service, website building, accessories etc. and less on self congratulatory back slapping about the latest press raves about this difficult to buy, impossible to maintain or customise using GoBike parts.
Would I buy a GoBike now, knowing what I have learnt? No I wouldn't
Try riding one at speed onto a cobbled section & you'll be lucky to stay on with the undamped spring on the front going into spasm mode.
And it is made in Taiwan. Looks great, but just doesn't deliver!
Site for the Rock& Roll Tour Bus that I drive.
Chop! The mad Welshman, lost in the urban jungle somewhere between LLanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Vladivostock!