View Single Post
Old 09-07-03, 04:28 PM
Ohio Trekker
Passing!

Bikes: Trek 1988-520 & 2003-7500, 2004 Specialized Allez Sport & Stumpjumper Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Nah, you didn't give me the impression you didn't like it and KUDOs on the bell. Got them for my kids too, and it's great just to say HI to folks passing the other way. I ring mine when I have passed the kids and they ring their's back so I know they are behind me somewhere and OK. It's become an unspoken trail language between the three of us.

It seems to be more of a tradition on the trails around here to give a ding or a ring on the bell as a greeting as opposed to a nod of the head or a wave with the fingers. A nice tradition.

Love the mama duck analogy, even though I'm the pappa!! Today at one of our crossings a police officer (on bike) pulled up next to us at the intersection and commented on how nice the boys looked with their helmets on, and how pleased he was to see us stopped at the stop sign instead of pausing and passing through!! It's nice to have others reinforce their good habits and the volunteers and officers around here ALWAYS make a point of commenting on the helmets!!

Seems like you are on the same track as me and perhaps we are both doing something right!!

Lil' guy did 22 miles with us today, it was kinda rough the trail was uphill all the way out and thankfully downhill on the way back. I thought he was going to give up but he just kept heading up the hill. (180 feet in about 8 miles) not a steep hill, but enough of a hill to keep him pumping the whole time!! He managed to hit 20 mph on the way back down so he was elated, and forgot about his aching nether regions!! TEE HEE