Old 10-03-06, 03:41 PM
hoogie
aspiring wannabe

Bikes: trek 520, thorn nomad, giant yukon, avanti aggressor, bauer racing bike, couple of other projects ...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bacciagalupe
Hoogie: I took two medium-sized panniers as carry-ons to Europe recently, no problems.
ok, that is heartening to hear indeed ... we saw pictures on the news of folks having to empty all their handbags and stuff and just got to carry on the barest of necessities in clear plastic bags [meds, passports, wallets and b*gger all else] ... i guess you just need to pack smart in that regard, like only clothes and non-threatening material???

i got challenged on the return trip from melbourne a couple of years ago ... the check-in chick made me put my panniers onto the scales and they came in at 9kg [limit was 5kg] and she said that i couldn't carry them on unless i took some weight out of them, but then she said that they could travel in the hold for nix, so i went with that ... considering she let slide the fact that my bike bag was 7kg over the 20kg limit too, i think i came out on top of that one ...