Old 10-04-06, 10:41 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
I had a nice, stable, decent-paying job, with a decent company, in a decent city ....... and I could have probably stayed at in that city at that company doing exactly what I was doing for the rest of my life.

But I wanted more!!

So I quit my job ... sold, tossed, and packed up all my things (I got rid of probably about half my stuff) ... moved what I had left two provinces over and dropped it off at my parent's place.

Then I headed off to Australia with my bicycle and some panniers to cycle for three months.

When I returned, I got a temporary job doing basically what I had been doing before, for the same pay as I had before, for a different company in a slightly different field than my previous job, for 6 months ... I got the chance to learn a few new things! Then I started University to get my Bachelor of Education. During this past summer, I got another temporary job, for the same pay as I had before, for a different branch of the field I'm trained in ... and I got the chance to learn a lot of new things! I'm back in University now.

Sometimes you've just got to take a chance ...... and the whole temporary employment thing seems to be working very well for me!!