FlowerBlossom
My tank takes chocolate.

Bikes: Trek 600 series touring bike, Trek 800 hybrid, Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
I don't see why this thread would be considered a joke either ... but then I've discovered that many Americans seem rather uptight about discussing these sorts of issues.
That's one of grossest stereotypes I've read yet in the BF. A new record for the BF. Thanks Machka.

For any female who's interested, there's always the possibility of posting in the Women's Forum, where there's (obviously) a concentration of women with more experiences than the voices given here. Not everyone visits all the forums, thus many women might not read the touring forum. Your wife might find more women who have experienced the same problems that she has, including the issue of using pads vs. tampons...tell her join and ask Joe or any moderator (blue star at the name) how to get access to the Women's Forum. Once she joins and has access, she can search the forum and post her question. Lots of experience there, and, a great bunch as well.

I don't have any experience with pads. I use very thin liners with tampons the first couple days, mostly to keep from staining my shorts. The only real issue with tampons these days is making sure your hands are clean for insertion....I carry baby wipes for that purpose...and of course, changing the tampons regularly are key. Eons ago, there was a tampon that was too absorbent, thus women could keep them in longer, and toxic shock syndrome (from bacterial toxins) came about. Redesign the tampon, emphasize hygenic use, and, wa-la, problem is mostly gone.

Knock on wood, this is a rare treat, that this thread hasn't been hijacked into something perverse. Another new record, two in the same thread.