Biscuit
Bringing up the rear.

Bikes: Cannondale R400

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did it.

I actually went for a ride. My first ride OUTSIDE in 3 1/2 years. Okay, it was only 12 miles, and I didn't challange myself with anything more than gentle slopes, but it was a ride nonetheless. I'm happy with it.

Lessee...ride highlights. Glass on the bikepath, just over a crest so I didn't see it in time. I almost ran into a car while I was looking down at my back wheel to make sure it wasn't going flat.

Cat strolled out in front of me. Saw me coming, mosied on out there.

Circled the same street twice without knowing it until I saw the same yellow cab waiting out in front of a house. This means that when I went back out in my car to see how far I went (need to replace the battery in my odometer), I had to circle that block twice again. Yep, cab was still there. I made sure to wave at them twice...again.

The good news: I got brave and used the clips. I have Forte Campus pedals with the clip on one side and the platform on the other (for those skeery stop and start places when I'm afraid I won't clip out fast enough) but I stayed in the clips the whole time.