SDRider
Cat None

Bikes: LOOK KG 461, LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er 0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mo'Phat
Re: the pedals. Glad to know I'm not the only one. With my MTB and it's SPD pedals, I never have to look down at the pedal when clipping in, which is nice if you're negotiating a path. That's what I love about the Speedplays...Since the only way to solve a problem is to throw money at it, is there another pedal that's 2 sided, that has a better platform and whose users don't get hotspots? Crank Bros.?

I wear Nike Lance 2's...because I love Lance.

Actually, because they're the first I found with a carbon sole and toe box that fits my wide flippers.
I always got hot spots with SPD pedals. I don't get that with the LOOK or the SPD-SL's which is why I stick with the LOOK's. If I get another Shimano bike down the road I'd definitely get the SDP-SL pedals again though.

My shoes are Specialized road shoes. They are black and silver with three velcro straps and they are getting pretty worn looking (I have about 3k miles ridden on them). I'm probably going to stick with this brand though since they seem to fit my feet better than any other shoe I've tried.