View Single Post
Old 10-06-06, 11:37 AM
Novakane 

Bikes: Sekine RM40 1980, Miyata 1000LT 1990, Raleigh Mixte Sprite 1980, Raleigh Grand Prix 1979

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JudyO
That's what's bugging me about it. I felt like I was cut off at the intersection (although I wasn't actually moving yet when he went around me, since the light was still red in our direction). I would have stayed back behind him if I'd come to the intersection behind him, then passed him if I felt he was too slow once we were actually moving. That's what I usually do, and what I expect of others. Oh well.

When I moved over to turn left the light was also red. He noodled around in the right lane, bike lane, and part of the other intersection doing little circles so he wouldn't have to unclip. He was about halfway across the intersection when the light actually turned green for him.
If one where to do this with a car, it'd be a dangerous situation - passing in an intersection is illegal in most places, AFAIK. Riding circles at an intersection doesn't sound too safe either. Seems like the kinda person to stay away from - an accident waiting to happen.