View Single Post
Old 10-09-06, 06:31 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
With 60,000+ folks shooting words at each other, there are bound to be misunderstandings and hard feelings. This is totally unavoidable and to be expected.

Sometimes I find myself having to look at a post that I felt insulted me - and then writing a negative reply - and deleting that reply and trying to figure out what caused that person to write the post that way.

There are two posters (that I interact with) who use the forum to meet some deep and disturbing psychological need or deficit deep inside of them. One vigorously attacked me personally one time, and I did report that poster to the "mood"erators, and that poster was banned for a period of time.

But, it comes with the territory, and, the 50+ forum, along with most of BFN, is FAR GENTLER then most internet discussions. ALso the same for Bikejournal.com. Very gentle and caring.

If you ever post on USENET, that is when you will need your full flack suit! Be prepared with your thick skin, etc., because USENET is a refuge for a strange group of folks.

I have made the following post on the referenced thread:

=================================================================================

Far, far away from the Road Cycling forum's OCP crowd and from the 50+ forum's politically correct bigots!

The 50+ forum is not very tolerant of opinions that they disagree with. About a half-dozen of the 50+ posters seem overeager to apply labels. I've decided to return the favor.

+1

I'm 61 and stay away from the 50+ forum. Scary place.

And from the "Intro" forum, posts by RonH

2. Stay away for the 50+ sub forum. Just "old" people there.

WARNING!!! Stay away from the 50+ forum. Lots of "old people" there.
I would invite any and all to visit the 50+ forum to determine on their own just how "not tolerant" and "scary" the 50+ forum is.

I don't believe that forum bashing is an appropriate BFN activity, especially for a moderator.
=================================================================================

Last edited by DnvrFox; 10-09-06 at 07:03 AM.