Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,527 Times in 1,040 Posts
Originally Posted by NOS88
There is a post at the end of this thread that appears this morning 10/9:

"I have visited the 50+ forum and agree with the previous posters, Far Horizon and Ron H. In fact I think that forum is for the express purpose of providing a half dozen chatty Koffee Klatch posters (and their support group) an outlet for their oh-so-clever witticisms. They'd be better served to get an Instant Messenger account and chat away all day.

The endless anal retentive chat about posters' speed and distance logs/accomplishments and the equipment needed to "improve," rivals that found in any OCP thread."

As I read this, I thought: OK, so what? Isn't this what discussion forums are for?

In my experience, all discussion fourms have a clique overtone to them, usually with a handful of people who seem to set the overall tone of the fourm. It would be delusional not to recognize that DnvrFox, Digital Gee, jppe, GrannyGear, dauphin, stapfam, Cheeseflavor, Big Paulie, CrossChain, and a few others set the tone for this fourm. But I guess I do the same thing with discussion fourms as I do with television and radio.... I watch and listen to what I want.

If you don't like a fourm it seems you have several choices, stay away from it...
And that is exactly what the posters on the commuter list have done; and pointed out the tone of this forum (as you also have described it) to others so as to not waste their time looking for any discussion about bicycle commuting. It is much more about the cutesy chatter of the tone setters and the monthly mileage logs of the AR's.