FlowerBlossom
My tank takes chocolate.

Bikes: Trek 600 series touring bike, Trek 800 hybrid, Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spinnaker
Contacted UsAirways. They say that their website says they are not responsible for damage to bicycles. I found nothing on their website with this statement. I did see a statement saying they are not responsible for "fragile" items which could include bicycles.

I also signed a waiver. My attorney friend says basically, I am screwed.

I called the credit card company and I have warranty for one year after the manufacturers warranty. I guess I could try filing a claim there.
Update of my friend's claim. She flew USAir too.

She found on the website that she has 24 hours for domestic, 7 days for international, to make a claim. She drove back to the airport, and, the USAir guy told her it was X-amount of hours, period (I forget if it was 4 hours or 24 hours...big difference but NOT the 7 days on the website). Back and forth they went, until the guy said that if anyone asks, she was told/warned that it was X-amt hours. (I think this guy was covering his behind.)

Then, the price she asked for was $800. According to my friend, the guy seemed surprised and said the max for a claim was $1200. They are going to send her paperwork, and, in the meantime she's going to take some photos with a digital camera.

Remember here, that my friend didn't sign a waiver at the initiation of this flight...which might make all the difference in the world between what happens to her claim and what will happen with your claim, spinnaker.