Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Starved Rock Hill Climb this weekend

New thread started:

Originally Posted by aham23
YEAH I GOT TO RIDE

That was close. I was kicking myself for not figuring out a way to get my bike invited on the Starved Rock trip. We hiked and camped out yesterday there. Then made it home today for me to get in a nice 30 miler. Then me and kid watched the BEARS (Tivo) in the baby jail.

Oh yeah, I found me some hills over at Starved Rock and think I need to map us out a route through them. Maybe 30 or 50 miles with some nice steep rollers for these parts!! We only need one more nice weekend!!! Later.
Originally Posted by dekalbSTEEL
Next weekend looks OK (weatherwise) . want to organize something and start a new thread? I'll help.

Originally Posted by aham23
Oooh, sounds exciting. From driving around there this weekend I mapped out this route......Starved Rock Route. There is a steep arse hill through the Park then Rt 71 heading West has plenty of climbs with twist and turns.

I rode some of these roads on the Bike Psychos Century and surprisingly the traffic was light. We would want to roll out fairly early though to avoid any traffic issues.

Any other interest or thoughts? I still need to get clearence from the Chief but it is likely doable for me as it wouldn't be an all day thing. Later.
Who's in? Saturday or Sunday?