Old 10-10-06, 11:37 AM
JimmyMack

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by San Rensho
Why?
I read the Sheldon Brown article on braking for beginners when I first got back on the road bike. It reads that the front brake is the most powerful brake to use, and all beginners should learn how to use it. Controlling the front brake with my left hand was a constant exercise in dexterity and grip strength. So, I just decided that I would switch everything and become an expert with the front brake. It worked well for me and never switched back. All the bikes are like this now.

When it came time to race cross, it made more sense when dismounting on the left. If I came into a barrier too hot, very often my first season, I could grab a fist full of brake with the left. No worries about the dreaded endo, and I had the strength in the right hand to control my braking for the remainder of the course. With the ergo setup and single chainring. My right hand controls everything in the cockpit of my machine during the race.

If you are constantly endoing due to heavy braking try reversing the brakes. You may just love it, and feel the need to do this on all your bikes.