View Single Post
Old 10-11-06, 08:11 AM
froze
Banned.

Bikes: 84 Trek 660 Suntour Superbe; 87 Giant Rincon Shimano XT; 07 Mercian Vincitore Campy Veloce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Does the front wheel have the same number of spokes and the same type of spoke as the rear?

I think that if the rear is the same and you haven't had an issue with the rear then your having some sort of problem with the front rim because your weight (though more then it should be for those wheels), would also effect the rear if both are the same. You should take it to the LBS and have them check it to see why.

But as BikeWise1 said, I would use those wheels only for racing and get a set of Velocity Aerohead rims built up with whatever hub you prefer and using 28 (though 32 would be the stronger and is what I would recommend at least for the rear) DT Competition dble butted spokes and alloy nipps laced 3x. This wheel would then be your every day set that can take a lot more abuse then the 350's, and their relatively inexpensive to build but light (not as light as the 350's of course but lighter then Mavic Open Pros and stronger), and since it's made of off the shelf parts repairs are easier and cheaper.