Old 10-11-06, 09:02 AM
ModoVincere
Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfreddy
I really dont worry about fiber.. it's highly overrated. Did you know that the inside skin of your intestines has about the same texture as the inside of your mouth? Rub your toungue around the inside of your mouth. Now do you really believe your intestines need a lot of non-nutritive stuff crammed thru them to function properly? I dont....

btw, a study came out a year or so ago totally debunking the notion that high fiber diets help prevent cancer.

one last note about fiber. We humans evolved on a high fat and protein diet. We ate animals. And what little edible plant matter we could find. Depending on the season and where you were, that ranged from none at all to not very much. In other words, we ate little fiber for the millions of years that we evolved from apes to modern humans. So, why do we suddenly need it now?

sooooo... step away from the Bran Flakes!!!

personally, I think all this good carbs/bad carbs/low GI stuff is bunk. what matters is how much sugar you put into your body, no matter what form it's in. If you eat a giant bowl of apples, low GI/good carbs or not, you will have ingested too much sugar.
If we evolved from apes, then we were vegetarians to begin with.