Old 10-11-06, 12:53 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I did a ride a couple of years ago and it was was organised by the County Police. The ride was in between police stations and the day I did it- it was about 100 miles long. Had a situation where there was one BIG downhill- with a 40 mph speed limit and traffic on it. At the next stop- Every one was talking about their top speed-"I did 35mph- I got 42" Etc. Then someone asked what we had got -We were a Tandem by the way and we just said "A bit faster than that". Then the Chief Constable came up to us and asked what speed we had got. He wanted a bit more definite so walked over to the Tandem and looked at the computer. "Thought it had to be you- I had a Motorbike outrider doing 4o and he was overtaken by a Tandem as if he was standing still" The speed by the way was 52.8 mph and our excuse was the cars got in the way and slowed us down.

For the rest of the ride- he rode with us and whenever we got to a hill- he slipstreamed us to get his max speed higher.

Spike Milligan