Old 10-12-06, 02:50 AM
pralston

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help needed in deepest darkest France

Hi All,

Who out there remembers a Californian bike company called Abici?
And more specifically, their Aero tubed frame called the "Time Machine" which was a Tri/TT/Track frame.

I have a bare "Time Machine" frame that I'd really like to build up to match my Abici road frame but as the company has gone under, I'm struggling to find a source for a seat post clamp (a model internal to the teardrop shaped seat tube) and the little cable stops that fit into oval cut outs on the top tube/seat tube?

Any hints/help greatfully received. Here in France, the average LBS conversation usually starts with the word "Non..." and a gallic shrug of the shoulders

In my research so far, I've been told (but not physically tried) that the Cervélo clamps won't fit. One guy suggested trying to identify the tube set first (how?) and the closest other bike I can find on the web (without being sure) would be the Santa Cruz Roadster (uses 6066 Tubing, whatever that is...). And lastly, if I'm not being clear, maybe the attached skect would help?

So short of mugging any passing rider you see on a Time Machine, I'm open to any and all ideas

I sure hope I get somewhere...

Bye for now
PaulR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
seatclampv2.jpg (53.0 KB, 61 views)