Old 10-13-06, 12:24 AM
Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Special way. ez when ou know lil tricks though.

Some start with tucking th tape in the end and using the plug to hold it. I just start mine with a strip of electrical tape.

Wrap it over each wrap about 50% covering. There is ah high point in the center of the tape(most). YOu should wrap a lil past that.

Pull taught with each wrap.

Make sure to wrap so that the tape ends up in a direction that will turn with our hands while on the top o the handlebars. This way you will tighten while griping. If you do it the opposite, it will loosen when you gip and apply pressure to the bars.

EZ but shops will charge about $15.

Make sure to wrap like a figure 8 aroundto cover the brake levers. Use small stip to cover metal parts of the levers that will show even after you wrap. wrap over the lil strip supplied with the tape. If ou're in a ssop, they ought to show you easily.

I trim mine at the start and at the end so that it won't look bulky when I wrp the electrical tape or supplied finishing tape at the end.

You can find some tape without an adhesive back so that if you mess up, it's easy to unwrap and try again. Practice makes perfect.

Sorry, in a rush at work!