Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally posted by cyberhazard
erm, why not? Looking for an intelligent answer as to why some folks say never to Mac's.
I know personally I just don't like them. Things might have changed with the new osbeing bsd but I found most of the power hidden. I hate things that are point and click I tend to want/need a command line interface that offers almost as much power as the gui itself. Unfortunately windows is even removing this, but for the most part I can still do a lot of work from the command line.

I know with BSD, being unix, you have absolute control over the kernel and the OS itself. If the gui doesn't offer everything you can drop to the command line and enjoy the feeling. I don't like things made easy as it tends to a) slow me down and b) make things way to difficult for my command line brought up brain. This of course is from an administrators point of view.

I also tend to hate mac users as they tend to be useless teets...excluding the ones who buy the mac for the power most guys buy it for the ease of use. Funny thing is, stuff still breaks and they have no clue how to fix squat. I run into this often with end users having a conference and something goes wrong, they can never fix it on there own. Just an observation...

I will give mac this, they make cute computers and if I ever bought a laptop I would go mac 100%...past that I will keep my windows ...