Thread: Loc Tite?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-06, 08:09 PM
b-ride
crazy keeper

Bikes: Concorde Track bike, Cramerotti Track bike, Brodie Unibomber, Concorde Road bike, Concorde Time Trial, Babboe City Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sivat
Blue. Red won't release unless you heat it up.
yes. yes it will. i've red loctited plenty of things. it's just stronger than the blue. with enough muscle you can looses up whatever you've loctited.

on a related note...

i dont' know if someone used loctite on it or not, but in the road frame i just recently got, the bb was stuck in there like crazy. this is how me and my mechanic had to remove it:

we had to bolt the specific bb tool to the cup using various spacers and the crank bolt. then we put the other end of the spindle and i supported the frame. then my buddy put a 3 foot section of old bike tubing over the handly for leverage and we were still pushing the goddam work bench around. it was effing insane. could not believe how tight it was in there. i was sure it was cross threaded or ****ed up in some way.

maybe it is though. i noticed on my way home today that the right hand cup on an entirely different bb had loosened off....