Old 09-16-03, 11:03 AM
petersta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello From Los Angeles

Hi there,

I've been a lurker here for a while and finally got off my butt to register and post. I've been a "recreational" MTB'er for a number of years, but this years Tour De France sent me over the edge and into the world of road biking. During a routine visit to the LBS to get my MTB tuned up in the first week of August I managed to talk myself into buying a 2003 Cannondale R200. It was teh easiest sale the guys in the shop ever had

I love the bike, I couldn't believe how fast it was, particularly the acceleration. I have also developed a sadistic enjoyment of hills and canyon riding! The only downside was the razor that was masquerading as a seat - that took some getting used to.

I ride with a couple of guys who are long time roadies, and occasionally with a local bike club (LaGrange). My longest ride so far has been 60 miles, and my average speed is somewhere in the 16 - 20 mph range, depending on distance and hills.

I am English, 42 yrs old, married with a beautiful 8 month old daughter - she must get that from her mother! I have always been very athletic, and cycling is a great way to extend my fitness regime. I work for 20th Century Fox in Los Angeles, and have a cool job that pays for my new toys!! I am lucky.

Nice to meet you all,

Peter