Old 10-16-06, 07:28 PM
IROeunuch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
http://www.wndu.com/news/092006/news_52693.php

Man throws live kittens at moving train

Most people are familiar with the rail road tracks that run parallel to Lincoln Way East through the city of Mishawaka. It was along these tracks that a Mishawaka women witnessed a young man throwing kittens at a train as it passed by.
Enlarge photo
Most people are familiar with the rail road tracks that run parallel to Lincoln Way East through the city of Mishawaka. It was along these tracks that a Mishawaka women witnessed a young man throwing kittens at a train as it passed by.
Printable version of this storyEmail this StoryRSS Feeds

Posted: 09/15/2006 10:07 pm
Last Updated: 09/16/2006 12:28 am

[ Watch Video Watch Broadband Video ]

Story filed by NewsCenter16 Reporter
Judi Lykowski

Mishawaka, IN - There was a sickening case of animal abuse that left a Mishawaka woman, who happened to witness the disheartening act, troubled.

Most people are familiar with the rail road tracks that run parallel to Lincoln Way East through the city of Mishawaka.

It was along these tracks that a Mishawaka women witnessed a young man throwing kittens at a train as it passed by. “The trains come about, well every 10 minutes to every 20 minutes. We are used to it. We have lived here forever," Mishawaka resident Angela Kitto said.

But it is a site that still causes them to peek out the window from time to time just like Manuela Kitto was doing last Thursday. “I was just looking outside. I do that a lot in the afternoon. I noticed that kid walking up to the railroad with a pretty big sized box in his hand. He was looking, and stopped right there."

Seeing this drew Manuela outside. "That's when I seen him reach in a box and throw a kitten a the train. I just closed my eyes, ran in the house and got hysterical and told my husband. He reached in and grabbed a kitten and threw it at the train, a live kitten, and threw it at the train."

Her husband called the police.

Meanwhile, she confronted the man. "I came back out and ran towards him, screaming what are you doing? Don't you know there is the Humane Society, Pet Refuge? What are you doing? I seen him pick up the dead kittens and put them in the box and he ran."

When the train passed, one lifeless kitten was found.

Mishawaka police and the St. Joseph County Humane society are now investigating who is responsible. Director of the St. Joseph County Humane Society Ellen Paul said, "We and they very much want this case to be solid, we don't want to compromise it, because we do want to prosecutors office to carry it forward and prosecute the individual responsible."

"I saw him throw that kitten and I just lost it," Manuela added. "It's going to haunt me for a long time."

“Do you have any animals of your own?” NewsCenter 16’s Judi Lykowski asked.

"Yes, I do. I have two dogs and a cat," Manuela replied. “It makes you wonder, what was he thinking to do something like that?"

If you have information on who the man who threw the kittens is, call Mishawaka Police at 258-1678.

More news from Mishawaka, IN