Old 09-21-03, 02:12 PM
bentrox!
horizontally adapted

Bikes: Specialized Stumpie, Bianchi Pista, Optima Baron

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After a twenty-five year hiatus, I decided 2-1/2 years ago that I wanted to return to regular biking for the benefits of physical conditioning. I knew I wanted something more from my bike than just exercise, though, and I sure didn't want to buy an expensive bike I would grow bored with or tired-out on. I wanted something that I would be more likely to stick with as a regular activity. I'd never seen a recumbent until I saw one in a small magazine ad and subsequently on the internet. Having read so much overwhelming testimony as to the comfort, fun and performance of these wierd bikes, I began to realize this might be the very thing that would keep me hooked on riding. I'd never ridden a recumbent, but I sure wasn't a confirmed roadie and I had an open outlook, so my leap of faith was easier to make given all the information favoring recumbents.

5000 miles later, I'm still elated with my SWB and ride it regularly. Many times I end up going further than I'd planned to because of the sheer pleasure of riding it. I didn't settle on a recumbent because I had a physical reason to, but I know had I chosen an equally expensive road bike 2 1/2 years ago, it might already be gathering dust in the garage.