Old 10-19-06, 05:27 PM
ScareyH22A
Noob

Bikes: '06 Trek 8500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I went from a hardtail to a 30lb Intense 5.5 and it just feels as if I'm running a little lower tire pressure on the rear, even with the propedal open. I climb better with my Intense, I think mainly because it rolls right over rocks and roots as if it wasn't there. That surprised the heck outta me. I see myself hitting a rock, then my rear hits it, I'm expecting my pedals to feel the extra strain its gonna require to pedal over the rock, yet I don't feel anything and just keep pedaling. Weird. Strange. Nuts. But I climb better with my FS.

There's no bob even with the propedal open. The VPP suspension is damn sweet. I know if your propedal or brain fade goes out on an FSR, you're gonna pogo. A bunch of my friends ride Stumpies and Epics.. there's really not much difference if you're shocks working properly. But I didn't wanna totally rely on my shocks to keep my bike firm. I'm no engineer but what VPP does with the chain travel to "cancel" out the bob really is a miracle.

I do get brake jack when I'm locking up my front binder but it doesn't bother me. Plus part of it is probably due to my 140mm of travel vs. my previous 80mm.

The SC Blur XC is a light frame so it should be even better to climb with than my 5.5

One of my friends is picking up a '06 Giant Trance 1 w/the Maestro suspension because he loves my suspension so much. He's getting it for $2250 at a LBS. It retails for $3600. Comes nicely equipped and weighs about 26-27 pounds. The '07 Trance 0 should be equivalent.