Old 10-20-06, 05:33 AM
slim_77

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by kmckay
If your goal is to exclusively to minimize bodyfat, then it is advisable that you consume more complex carbohydrates, which will go to replenishing muscle glycogen stores rather than fruit, which will only replenish liver glycogen stores, and is useless in muscle glycogen replenishment.
Very informative. This explains exactly why so many americans who consume/prefer soda to water are almost always overweight.

Question: I have not checked out your links so if this is covered be patient with me.

This problem would be obvously more accute for non-athletes, so for athletes it is simply more advisable to consume reasonable amont of fruit prior to working out than post, right? Even so, because your body has burned off calories and glycogen it would still need replacing? One question further: even though it is better to generate glycogen stores that can more easily be converted to glucose for mussles, if your goal is NOT weight loss and you train regularly, does maintaining a workout glucose level <20 really matter for non-pro athletes that are not trainng for a TT? It seem that the excess would be relativly small...

I hope this made sense...