Old 10-20-06, 09:48 PM
TrevorInSoCal

Bikes: IRO Jamie Roy (fixed-gear commuter), Gary Fisher Rig 29er SS, Trek Madone 5.5, Specialized Allez Comp, Marin Mt. Vision Pro, Specialized M2 Hardtail, beater Nishiki fixed-gear conversion, Gary Fisher Rig 29er SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ronjon10
This sort of behavior won't help the market. :-)

Selling during a downturn out here is like selling a blue chip stock after a quarter of bad news. It's really the only way you can lose money. Ride it out. If you need inspiration to stay, just remember where the east coasters and midwesterners will be in about 3 weeks, on their trainers staying out of the freezing cold!
Well, I wasn't thinking now. More like within the next 1 - 3 years, which is what makes me nervous. If it hasn't bottomed out yet, I'll be even *worse* off in the near future.

As for weather, cycling isn't my only passion, and I wasn't thinking of midwest or back east anyway. I want to move (back) to Colorado. They've already got lifts running there (A-Basin opened last weekend.). I'll gladly give up a few weeks on the bike in exchange for powder days. Those are few and far between in SoCal, and you have to be a lot wealthier than I am to afford regular trips to Mammoth or Tahoe.