View Single Post
Old 10-21-06, 05:16 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1452 Post(s)
Liked 2,194 Times in 962 Posts
Originally Posted by Louis
Wowsers Bob! Great restoration.

What wheels and tires are on that baby?
Thanks Louis. For now the wheels are a set I found at the dump this summer. Araya alloy rims and Sansai hubs, nothing special at all. The tires are Panaracer Pasela with kevlar, 27 X 1 & 1/4. These are not what I plan to run but they are what I have ready and on hand. I have two sets of Campagnola high flange Record hubs (see Pic) with straight skewers. They will be built to a set of vintage Mavic "Red Label" tubular rims (700c), and a set of Araya alloy clincher racing rims (27 X 1). I'm undecided on the using the tubulars and what tires to purchase. I tried to get the LBS to build the clinchers for me this summer, but he sat on the project and didn't lift a finger for 8 weeks. I've decided to teach myself wheel building this winter. I have a really nice set of IRC kevlar racing tires for the clinchers.

Originally Posted by CrossChain
How much "overshifting" do you find yourself doing?
Unfortunately, I couldn't go for a ride when I finished the build on Friday. It was raining buckets and the wind was gusting over 20 mph. Real nasty stuff. Are you refering to the barend shifters? If you remember you helped me decide on barends last December, shortly after I forced my way into 50+ (a couple of years early ). I had hoped to have had the Paramount ready by May to ride this past summer. So I still have never used barend shifters. Maybe today. I do overshift some with the down tube shifters on my Traveler. But isn't that what makes friction shifting fun?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Campy Frt Hub.JPG (86.8 KB, 5 views)

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com