Old 10-22-06, 05:49 PM
markw
Steel is Real.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by supcom
I completed my first triple century (300 miles) at the Texas Time Trials this weekend. What a rush! I finished in about 21.5 hours. I'm one sore cyclist today though, but it was definitely worth it.

I spent about two months preparing for the event, doing longer and shorter distances in an attempt to peak out for this event. My longest training ride prior to the event was 192 miles about two weeks prior. Apparently, the training worked, as I felt strong throughout the ride and never doubted that I would be successful.

The Texas Time Trials is a tremendous event. If you live anywhere in Texas and ride century, or longer, rides, you owe it to yourself to come to Cleburne next year and compete. There are 6-hour, 12-hour, 24-hour, and 500-mile events all on the hilly 20-mile loop course. It's a very well organized event and you'll have a great time.
Sounds like fun, congrats on the triple. Any idea when they are going to post results? I heard a couple Bacchetta riders did 400 on the course. Awaiting full results.