Thread: Miles/flat
View Single Post
Old 09-24-03, 09:54 AM
sakredchao

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i just did some research on the armadillo tire. said it was only available in 26x1.5 .. all my spare tubes, mr tuffy strips, et cetera are aimed at 26x1.95.

is there a good tire that will reduce flats in this size? preferrably kevlar, but anything will do. i also plan on using slime and mr tuffy strips. i would rather get no flats, even if i have all this other inertia to fight in the wheel.

they were about 30$ a piece, is this typical? another site said on sale for 20$.. but after my last tires, which were on sale tires, i don't know if i trust sale tires. less than a thousand miles and the tread is getting cracks down to the threads all over the tire. (it was a hybrid tire.. paid 17$ each on sale).. "specialized crossroads" is what it was called, and the fellow at the bike shop said it was a decent tire and it shouldn't be doing what it is. perhaps it was old, and that's why it was on sale. it would be worth it, to me, to find a really strong road tire and add tuffy strips.

i may decide to get 1.5 as a front or rear, and a 1.95 for the other end, and work my way to a 1.5, as the other stuff wears out in the future.

thanks,

Last edited by sakredchao; 09-24-03 at 10:01 AM.