Old 10-23-06, 06:11 AM
Monoborracho

Bikes: More than I really should own.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by guruguhan
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a stainless/chrome fender that can accomodate a 700x35c tire. The frame is a Giant touring. I suspect this is the kind of thing I'll need to fit at my LBS, but I thought I'd ask. I do not have brakes yet, and I'm now leaning towards cantis, but I only want to buy them after I get the fenders (for clearance).

Thanks
Aren't the Honjo fenders aluminum?

I have the Gilles Berthoud stainless steel on my 95 Schwinn Transit, purchased from Wallbike. These cover 32c Schwalbe tires, and are the 40 mm size.

My only complaint was that the mount for the front fork didn't work well, so I fabricated one from a piece of aluminum. On a touring-specific frame you probably have a little more room and this will not be an issue. These, once in place and adjusted with rubber washers,, are tight and quite. They don't have even a hint of a rattle in them. I like the struts for the fenders a lot better than others, since they don't stick out past the fenders, but rather wrap around the fender and connect at the fork/chainstay braze-ons.

There is nothing cheap or cheezy about the Berthoud fenders, and they look great.

Last edited by Monoborracho; 08-21-07 at 04:18 PM.